Developing A Comprehensive Fundraising Strategy
Many non-profits, especially smaller agencies, lack the resources and expertise to design a comprehensive fundraising strategy. It seems the "Tyranny of the Urgent" does not allow us to plan strategically.
This training looks at the "BIG PICTURE", shows how each area of fundraising is dependent on the other for maximum effectiveness and, most important, helps you create the much-needed strategy.
We will walk through each of the topics below and discuss the benefits of each area and their priority. We allow ample time to discuss different scenarios. We will meet the needs of organizations just starting up as well as needs of more mature organizations, who want to develop a much more rounded fundraising strategy.
- Major Gifts
- Special Events
- Direct Mail Program
- Alumni Program
- Legacy Giving (Planned Giving)
- Online Giving
- Third Party Fundraising
- Board Engagement
- Budgets (for fundraising)
- Staffing (for fundraising)
- Systems (data & accounting)
- Donor Services (receipts, inquiries, reports)
- Capital Campaigns
- Clearer picture of each area to consider
- Take stock of where you are now
- The importance in developing the “clarity of your message”
- Prioritize which are most important for your charity
- Clarify your real audience
- Develop effective communication strategies
- How to allocate resources (people & money)
- The resources that are out there to help with each area
Who Should Attend?
Executive Directors, Board Members, Funding and Development Staff.