IMPACTFUL PUBLIC SPEAKING & PRESENTATION
It's estimated that as much as 75% of the population struggles with a fear of public speaking and/or presentations. “There are two types of speakers: Those who get nervous and those who are liars.” – Mark Twain. If your role requires you to present to 1 or 1,000 people, the fear and anxiety can paralyze you and cause un-needed stress. Through this training you will become more confident and relaxed in front of an audience to communicate your important ideas.
Would you like to overcome the fear of public speaking? Would you like to increase your confidence? Mastering this fear and getting comfortable speaking in public can increase your confidence and be a huge benefit to your career. This interactive & fun training will give participants some basic public speaking skills, including in-depth information on developing an engaging program and delivering their presentation with greater impact. Participants will also have an opportunity to be video taped doing a simple presentation with respectful feedback provided. The instructor provides feedback in a friendly, relaxed and non-competitive atmosphere.
Upon completion, students will be able to prepare and deliver well-organized speeches and/or presentations and participate in group discussion with appropriate audiovisual support. Participants will also learn effective listening skills when responding to questions.
- How to plan your presentation by developing the topic, main points and supporting material
- Control stage fright and make positive use of nervous energy
- Analyse your own voice and body language for greater effectiveness
- How to gain and hold an audience's attention
- Understanding the impact of telling stories
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully in a variety of situations.
- Incorporate effective audiovisual materials in presentations & speeches when appropriate
- Develop skills in answering questions and stimulate discussion
Who Should Attend?
Individuals, employees, managers, sales people and executives with little or no public speaking and / or presentation skills who want to be more comfortable and impactful in their role.