ONGOING PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT: A SYSTEMATIC APPROACH
1/2 day to full day
Performance evaluation is one of the most dreaded and hated process for managers and employees. There has been a movement to abolish performance evaluations altogether because they simply do not work. Managers go wrong with performance evaluations in so many ways, that it’s difficult to identify all of them. Some of the problems have to do with the overall system and other problems are the result of the one-on-one annual meeting. With this training you will adopt a positive mindset, identify elements and assess performance, meet regularly and evaluate progression effectively.
Ongoing performance development is a new way of thinking about evaluating performance that involves establishing a structured process that leads to the growth of employees. The program introduces a four-step approach that focuses on setting clear expectations for individual performance based on organizational goals as well as meeting regularly with employees to provide feedback and customized training. Managers learn how to best share performance observations, brainstorm development strategies, and gain commitment on actionable ways to improve among other techniques to help employees achieve their peak performance potential.
- Differentiate between annual performance evaluations and ongoing performance development
- Recognize the benefits of using a systematic approach to performance management
- Create a performance management plan
- Establish objective measurements of performance
- Hold productive performance conversations and avoid conversation minefields
- Evaluate your own performance as a developer of your employees
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has to supervise others.