THE FIRST 100 DAYS
Training for new Managers and Supervisors
Hey, new Manager/Supervisor, how are you feeling about your new role? Mixed emotions that range from excitement to trepidation? According to the Blanchard’s 2015 First-Time Managers Survey, “60% of new mangers fail during their first two years and 85% received no training prior to switching into their role as a manger. Those who survived develop bad habits that stay with them throughout their careers.” This course will help you define an action checklist, establish new working relationships, manage expectations, build your team and avoid common pitfalls of new leaders.
The first 100 days of one’s leadership provides a great opportunity to create a culture of trust and engagement. Moving from co-worker to supervisor/boss can be stressful on both sides, so being intentional and distinguishing the important from the urgent is critical. Participants will work on case studies, discussions groups, learn from video exercises and develop their own plan of action to take home to execute with confidence and competence.
- Personal evaluation through self-assessment tools to understand yourself and those you lead
- Distinguish the different mind-set between staff and supervisor and discover what value you add to the work-place
- Learn to build early momentum and wins
- How to best communicate your vision
- Creating a culture of trust and what role you plan in establishing it
- How to mange your thinking and emotions as you lead others
- Learn the difference between leadership and management
- Develop a customized plan to your situation that addresses all the crucial areas of a leader’s responsibilities
Who Should Attend?
New managers/supervisors and emerging leaders who are being groomed for a future leadership role. This is also suitable for existing mangers who are desiring to increase their leadership effectiveness.